It seems the exhaustion that didn't hit me this time in the first trimester was saving itself for the second trimester. In the past few days, I have been soooo tired. On Monday morning (while stuck in Syracuse, NY) I slept until noon. Then yesterday I fell asleep right after work around 5:30, got up about 10:00 p.m. and was back asleep by 10:30 p.m. I woke up this morning around 8:30 a.m. (one of the perks of those days when I work from home) and I'm still exhausted. I really don't mind it though. I love sleeping and as long as I can go to bed when I get home from work, I'm okay. I would MUCH rather sleep than feel nauseous.
One other recent development is the results from our genetic testing. Everything came back okay except that I am a carrier for Glycogen Storage Disease Type 1A. This means that Kyle needs to be tested also. He is having the blood test done Thursday morning and we should get the results back in a few weeks. We're not sure what the chances are that he is a carrier. It's most common among people with Jewish heritage (my biological grandfather on my Mother's side was Jewish) so it is unlikely that Kyle will be a carrier since he has no Jewish background.
If his test is negative, there is no chance the baby will have the disease. If he is also a carrier, there is a 25% chance the baby will have the disease. At that point, we would have to conisder an amniocentisis at 18-20 weeks to test the baby. If the baby was positive, we would want to learn as much as possible about it so we can properly care for her/him. We're not there yet though. I read a good amount about it yesterday and now we're just going to wait for the results of Kyle's blood test. As I said, chances are he is not a carrier and there is no reason to worry to just yet.
That's about it for now. I am still checking the heartbeat once a day. It's really easy to find now. I hear it almost as soon as I turn on the doppler. It is usually around 153-160.
Our next appointment is with our regular OB/GYN next Thursday, July 8th. I'll be 14 weeks & 6 days.
No comments:
Post a Comment