Wednesday, June 2, 2010

YAY!

Today was a good day. :) The baby is right on schedule at 9 weeks, 4 days.

We also had a great conversation about the due date. At our first appointment, the nurse read the calendar wrong and told us the due date is December 31. It should actually be January 1. I knew it at the time but I didn't say anything because I would much rather a 2010 baby than a 2011 baby. For one thing it's about $1000 in tax credits and who wants a birthday right after the new year? Everyone is tired of parties and starting their New Year's resolutions. Unfortunately at this appointment she realized her mistake. I asked her not to change it and listed my reasons. I also mentioned it to Dr. Freeman and he said that unless there is a medical reason to keep the baby inside, he will induce me before the 31st if I haven't already gone into labor. Yay! Of course, that is all several months away, and we're still not out of the danger zone of the first trimester, but it's exciting to think about!

Here is the ultrasound picture from today. You can see the little dots where the arms and legs are beginning to form. And you can even see little eye sockets now. It looks like a little alien baby to me. It's perfect. :)


We have another appointment next week on Thursday, June 10th. I'll be 10 weeks, 5 days. Thanks again to everyone for all your thoughts & prayers!

3 comments:

  1. It looks like the most beautiful sight in the world to me!! :) Love you. Love the baby. Lots of hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  2. YAY!!! SO happy for you both!! That's great that they'll let you have the little one in 2010!!

    I love the ultrasound picture!! Such a blessing! Love you!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a perfect picture of a beautiful little baby!

    ReplyDelete