Monday, June 7, 2010

Quick Update

Getting better: I'm starting to feel a little better. I don't have nearly as much nausea, which is wonderful! I even went for a 30 minute walk this morning. It's not much, but I haven't felt like exercising in weeks. It's a little scary to be feeling better. There's always the worry that it means something has gone wrong inside. But I still have several other symptoms so I'm trying not to think about it that way. One of the funny symptoms I have right now is an insatiable craving for meat. I normally don't eat a lot of meat but these days it's all I want. I keep making spaghetti with meat sauce.

Getting bigger: I've gained about 2-3 pounds from pre-pregnancy weight. That being said, most of my pants are starting to get tight. I can still button them but it scares Kyle & me when they're tight. We feel like the baby is getting squished. I can get away with putting a rubberband through the button hole and wrapping it around the button for now. I'm hoping that will sustain me for a few more weeks. I don't want to start wearing maternity clothes already!

Getting a monitor: I ordered a fetal doppler heart monitor (like they use at the Doctor's office) several weeks ago. I'm just renting it. They're pretty expensive to purchase new. Even though it says that you usually can't find the heartbeat until 10-12 weeks, I tried it at 8. I couldn't find the heartbeat for a long time so once I finally did, I packed it up and sent it back. It was just too early. But it was really nice to hear the heartbeat at home. I just ordered another one that should get here right around the day of our appointment. It's SO reassuring to hear that little heartbeat! Hopefully after the appointment I can find the heartbeat and upload a recording of it to the blog.

That's all for now. Praying for good news on Thursday!!

1 comment:

  1. I like the idea of the rubberband!! I didn't do it with Lawson and so far I'm good with this one but I'm sure it won't be too much longer before I'm looking for some tricks so I don't have to get into maternity clothes.
    I'm glad that you're able to get out walk some too. That's funny that you all you want is meat! A girlfriend of mine COULDN'T eat meat the WHOLE pregnancy...I WOULD DIE! The day after she delivered she got a HUGE burger..I'd MUCH rather crave meat than think it's disgusting like she did.
    Also, that's great that you got the dobbler monitor!! You have it now? ANd haven't tried yet? I hadn't thought of renting one but I REALLY want to hear the little one's heartbeat!!

    ReplyDelete