Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Notes from week 12

  • Baby's heart rate has slowed a little. Now instead of being in the high 170s, it's usually 164/165. This is a good thing and actually what is supposed to happen. By the time the baby is born it will be closer to 120.
  • I still don't look very pregnant and the bloating has gone down quite a bit. I gained a few pounds in the first few weeks, then lost a pound so I'm about 2 pounds over pre-pregnancy weight now. Honestly I feel like I'm eating way more than I normally do so I think I'm pretty lucky to have only gained 2 pounds. I hope it doesn't hit me at once with a 5 pound weight gain out of the blue! I've read 3-5 pounds is considered healthy for the first trimester so I'm right on schedule.
  • I'm wearing maternity pants and/or elastic waist skirts almost exclusively now. And kind of pressure on my stomach makes the nausea much worse, so no more rubber band through the button hole.
  • Kyle and I are leaving tomorrow morning for Boston & upstate New York. A friend of ours is getting married in Oswego, NY and we're taking a detour to visit some friends in Boston on the way. I cannot wait to meet baby Jack Crosby in Boston!...and see his parents too. ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment