Friday, October 8, 2010

The Third Trimester is finally here!

YAY! We reached another big milestone today. We're officially in the third trimester. Babies born now have a very good chance of survival and many are completely healthy. It's amazing to think that the tiny baby inside me could survive (with some help) on the outside. I am so very thankful that he is still doing so well!

Notes for week 28:
  • Pregnancy brain is no joke. Yesterday while I was working, I searched for my pen for at least 2 minutes and finally realized it was in my mouth. This morning someone asked me how old I am and I said 28. It wasn't until I walked away that I thought, wait, I think I'm 29. I laugh at myself at least once a day for doing these things.
  • Insomnia is starting. I've been lucky that up to this point, I haven't had much trouble sleeping. But the past 4 nights, I woke up around 3 a.m. and only half-slept the rest of the night. I'm starting to understand why it's uncomfortable to sleep while pregnant. It goes something like this: Find the right position where your head is elevated (to minimize heartburn), your stomach is supported with pillows, your back is supported with pillows, and the baby is quiet (see next bullet). Sleep for 30 minutes, then wake up to pee. Repeat.
  • Charlie is so active! Kyle can definitely feel him and my stomach takes on odd shapes as he rolls around. The other night he was moving so much that I got nervous something was wrong with him. I googled "baby moving constantly" and realized I'm not the only pregnant woman to have that concern. He just loves to move! The Internet is very reassuring for that kind of thing.  
  • I've had a few Crohn's type issues lately, but nothing too out of the ordinary for a pregnant woman. Thank God Kyle has a terrible sense of smell. :)
  • Kyle & I decided to do another 4D ultrasound next week. This time we'll really get to see Charlie's little face.
  • Our next Doctor appointment is October 22nd. I'll be 30 weeks!!


2 comments:

  1. Congrats Carey! You're doing great and almost there. As of next month, I'll start trying again. Wish me luck!

    Vencilla

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh no, the insomnia!!!! I am sorry to hear it. Hope it gets better. It's almost over, can you believe it???

    ReplyDelete