Monday, October 4, 2010

27 Week Appointment

Friday afternoon was our 27 week appointment. Charlie looks great! We got to see him on the ultrasound and he's getting so big. They used to zoom in a lot before you could see any details. Now they don't zoom in at all and you can only see parts of him at a time. We got to see his head, spine, and one of his arms. The ultrasound showed that he is in the breech position. It's too early for that to mean anything in terms of delivery. He still has plenty of time to flip over. At this point, I can tell that he is still breech because I can feel his head between my belly button and my ribs. Plus all of his kicks are low. I usually feel him kicking me in the bladder or in my low back. We did discuss the possibility of a c-section if he remains breech (which was too much for Kyle as he almost passed out and had to lay on the floor with his feet up!) He may end up being one of those Dads who stays in the waiting room with a cigar until it's all over. :)

The other good news from our appointment is that I passed the 1 hour glucose screen. That means I am not at risk for gestational diabetes and I don't have to take the longer, 3 hour test. woo hoo!

No comments:

Post a Comment