Sunday, October 31, 2010

Backyard

Many months ago I posted that we had 11 trees taken down in our backyard. The plan was always to plant grass after clearing it out, but we had to wait for the summer heat to pass. So at the beginning of October, we brought in some top soil and planted fescue. We also put up a fence around the grass area so the dogs can't trample on it. Kyle has been working hard to water the new grass every night. It looks great! The only downside is that our water bill was R-I-D-I-C-U-L-O-U-S this month. It went from an average of $50 a month to $350 this month!

Before tree removal

After tree removal 

After grading and top soil

After the top soil, Kyle spread the grass seed and hay

Here's a good picture of the fence we put up (and our new rain gauge)

We have green grass!

4 weeks after planting, the grass is really starting to fill in

2 comments: