So here I am doing all this Pilates to prevent back pain and what happens? I get wrist pain instead. If it's not one thing, it's another. For the past several nights, I have had pain and numbness in both hands. It wakes me up from sleeping and doesn't get better until I've been awake for a while in the morning. I was hoping it would go away like many of my pregnancy related issues, but it's only gotten worse.
According to the doctor it's Carpal Tunnel Syndrome. I was surprised to find out that many of my friends who work full-time at a computer had similar issues late in their pregnancies. Apparently it's a fairly common problem for pregnant women.
My doctor recommended wrist braces to be worn at night and while on the computer. I wore them last night and I didn't wake up at all with pain in my hands. Hopefully the braces will take care of it. If it gets worse, they can give me a shot of cortisone in the wrists. (yikes!)
No comments:
Post a Comment