The day after Christmas, Charlie woke up with a fever. He wasn't acting sick at all, but knowing Nana came down with the flu 5 days before, we immediately headed to Urgent Care. They told us it would be at least a 3 hour wait. Luckily I knew it would be bad because the flu is everywhere right now so we came prepared with legos, books, and the iPad. After working on some legos, Charlie suddenly lost interest and said he was tired.
I think he started feeling sick.
We got out of the there in less than 3 hours and after a trip to the pharmacy we were back home and on the couch. Unfortunately, they would not prescribe any Tamiflu for the rest of us (You can take it as a preventative but there has been a shortage so they were only prescribing it to people who had symptoms)...so we knew the chances were good that we were all going to get the flu. And the really bad news, for me, is that I was supposed to fly out to Jamaica the next day for a 4-day trip with my Mom and sisters. After much deliberation I decided not to go. Kyle's parents were going to be out of town too so Kyle would be on his own and if he or Holly got sick, it would have been too much. So we settled in for a few days of rest.
The next day, Charlie woke up feeling much better and his fever was gone by lunch! I couldn't believe it and I was worried that I made the wrong decision about my trip. But Kyle and I started feeling bad and by the next day, we knew that we were getting sick too. We pretty much spent 5 days going no where and doing nothing. We took turns sleeping and taking care of the kids.
We let them watch TV, play on the iPad, eat junk food, whatever. We were in survival mode. Here they are eating cereal out of the bag and sharing it with Jackie. I think this was dinner one night.
Amazingly, Holly never got sick.
Charlie playing legos one night after Holly went to bed.
This time when they were being quiet in Charlie's room, they were actually being very sweet and reading books together.
Finally got some appetite back
No comments:
Post a Comment