Thursday, January 22, 2015

NO MORE PACIFIER

Long before we all got sick, Kyle offered to break Holly of the pacifier while I was in Jamaica. I couldn't do it. I tried a few times but her whining was always so annoying that I would give in after an hour or so. Kyle said he could tune out her whining. Then we all got sick and I didn't go to on my trip. But, Kyle was determined. So, the day when I was the sickest and spent most of the day in bed, he told Holly that he couldn't find her paci. I had thrown away all of them except Ducky - her favorite one that had a duck attached to it - in preparation for my trip. Whenever she asked, he said it was lost. And he told her the same thing at bed time. The next day she asked less, mostly at bed time, and by the third day, she only asked for it a few times. Amazing! I owe Kyle big time for that one! I can't believe it. She talks a lot more now and sometimes I wish I could give her a paci to shut her up, but it was time to give it up. Unfortunately about a week later, she went through several days of teething pain. She had her hands in her mouth a lot, cried a lot, and didn't eat much. I wanted so badly to give her a pacifier, but I didn't...mostly because I knew Kyle would kill me! Here she is crying that her "teeth hurt". 



PS - Don't tell Holly but I did keep Ducky. He's hidden in her drawer of keepsakes.

No comments:

Post a Comment