Thursday, January 22, 2015

Gingerbread Houses and Christmas Eve

The day after Charlie's birthday is Christmas Eve, and has been the day we typically decorate gingerbread houses. This year we did it at Aunt Stephanie's house because Nana was home sick with the flu. Charlie did a great job with his house. Although I think he thought that he got to eat everything on his plate when he was finished, because he basically made a yard out of M&Ms and then said, "I'm all done, now I can eat it?"


Holly on the other hand...she just couldn't keep it out of her mouth. 

I tried to help her make a house, but gave up after she was biting into the milk carton underneath.


As usual, Kyle took it very seriously and worked VERY hard on his house.



I quickly threw something together after Charlie was finished and Holly was down for a nap.  Mine is the one on the right. It's a trailer with snow on it. Kyle's is the one on the left.


Cam's brother came over after we had all finished out houses, so we asked him to be the judge and we weren't supposed to tell him who made which one.


He chose Maddie's as the winner. It's the one in the middle below. And mine was runner up!


After his defeat, Kyle took a nap...

While the kids opened some presents.



Minnie Mouse ear muffs!

Not to be left out...

Memaw Rex made this awesome Cars blanket for Charlie. He knows it HIS too. Last night Kyle was laying on the couch with it. Charlie came up and said, "Daddy you can use my blanket. That's okay."


Then it was time to get dressed for church. We went to the Christmas Eve service and Nana and Poppy's church, where Kyle grew up. 






Poppy, Holly, Kyle, and Charlie walking in to church.


Holly loved the kid's candles!  

Church was over around 6:30. We stopped for dinner on the way home and then it was time for bed. I completely forgot to set out cookies for Santa or do the "reindeer food" on the yard. O well. We did set up for Santa before bed though, although we kept the bouncy house deflated and turned it on in the morning before the kids woke up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment