It's only been a few weeks since I did the 14 month post on Holly, so not too much has changed. She is still VERY stubborn about food and wanting to go up the stairs when she is not supposed to. But her vocabulary is exploding. She will try to say just about anything you ask and some words are perfectly clear, like baby, no, uh-oh, mama, and dada. Others are mumbled but I know what she means. I asked if she wanted a snack and she shook her head yes and said "nack!" Or when I tell her to say please she says "bees, bees!". Here are the words she says now. I'm sure I'm missing some. She picks up a few more each day.
Bubba
Lili
Eat
Snack
Bottle
Book
Mama
Dada (for any man)
Bath
Ball
No
Baby
Go
Hot
Bubble
Please (sounds like bees)
Uh Oh
Ow
Night Night
Bye Bye
Light
Cookie
Up
In addition to talking a lot, she is more and more aware of what is going on around her. For example, I asked Charlie to feed Jackie the other night so he went and got her food bowl and started walking to the garage where we keep her food. Holly jumped up and walked over the pantry, found Jackie's water bowl (which looks just like the food bowl but bigger), and came walking over as fast as she could toward the garage. She was making noises the whole time like, "ooh ooh, me too! I want to do it" It was so cute. And it was kind of funny because I had been looking for Jackie's water bowl all day. Holly probably took it into the pantry in the first place. She loves to play with Jackie's bowls.
At her 15 month check-up, she was in the 63% for weight and 45% for height. Her head circumference is in the 88th percentile.
Well, I started this post a week ago and have had to keep coming back to add words and new things Holly is doing so I'm going to stop here and post it...pictures and videos coming soon!
No comments:
Post a Comment