- Very sweet big brother (usually). He is very good at looking after Holly and making sure she is safe, but he is still pushing her down. It has gotten much better, but it still happens. He is rarely trying to be mean. Now he is trying to play with her but he gets too rough.
- Says "I love you" ALL THE TIME. It's almost like a nervous habit that he can't stop. He is so sweet about it and it is really adorable. There are times when we are in the car and he'll say, "Mommy, guess what? I love you soooo much." And then 5 minutes later he says it again. He also tells me that he loves Daddy, Holly, and Jackie. He also starts a lot of statements with, "Mommy, I love you, but..." Like, "Mommy, I love you, but that dress is pretty." or "Mommy, I love you, but, can I have something to drink?"
- Plays better without me. Hallelujah! Finally Charlie is not asking me to play with him every 5 minutes. He still asks, but he accepts it better when I say no. Instead, he will ask if one of his friends can come over and play. We have spent a lot of time with his friend Emily from school, who lives down the street, and the neighbors next door. Sometimes he will even ask if I can drop him off at their house.
- His friendships are adorable, especially his friendship with Emily. We love to take Charlie and Emily out places together because they will actually play with each other instead of begging us (the Mommies) to play with them. Charlie is constantly doing silly things to make Emily laugh and she eats it up. One day we were dropping Emily off at her house and Charlie said, "I want to give Emily a kiss goodbye." I told him he had to ask if it was okay, so he asked her if he could give her a kiss. She said yes. They had the most adorable little kiss and I almost died from the cuteness. Also one time Charlie told her, "Emily, I love you. I just wanted to tell you that." He shrugged his shoulders (which he often does when he is saying something somewhat embarrassing) and kind of giggled. So sweet!
- Is more independent and has more responsibilities. Charlie now uses the bathroom and washes his hands all by himself. I can't remember the last time he had an accident. He takes care of Jackie and lets her out, gets her food, and lets her sleep in his room.
- I am amazed by how sweet he is and people tell us all the time that he is very mature for his age. He's a great kid and we are so lucky to be his parents!
Here are some pictures and video of us celebrating Maddie's 15th birthday and Charlie's half-birthday together.
No comments:
Post a Comment