Lili did take these pictures for us to commemorate the event.
The next day was Halloween, and Charlie had school that day. I put him in his skeleton pajamas for his school party.
They had a great time and when I picked him up they were dancing around the room. Charlie even did a somersault for me when I got there.
After school, Charlie took a nap before Daddy got home and we all headed up to Aunt Stephanie's house to celebrate Halloween with his cousins. Charlie was a little freaked out when Maddie and Wes put on their costumes and several of their friends came over dressed up also. Then Daddy put his costume on (a redneck UGA fan...although as I pointed out to him, at least he was a WINNING redneck fan). Charlie did not like Kyle's costume at all! The hair and teeth were too much fun him. And I can't say that I blame him. I dressed up as a big baby - very comfortable costume for a pregnant lady.
Even though he was a little freaked out by everyone's costumes, he was a good sport about putting his costume on. It's Wilson the train from Chuggington, which is Charlie's absolute favorite show. We kept the skeleton on underneath, just in case the train didn't last.
Charlie didn't understand why I was wearing his old toys. He kept trying to get my pacifier.
Finally we were all dressed and ready to try trick-or-treating at a few houses.
We found a house that wasn't scary and had a sweet woman waiting outside. It was a good choice because she was very patient with Charlie as he tried to figure out what was going on. He wouldn't say trick-or-treat and he looked very confused. But he got some candy in his pumpkin and we moved on to the next house.
At the next house we went to, they were sitting outside with the candy in a bowl. Charlie walked right up to the bowl and put his pumpkin down in front of it. Then he started going through the candy to pick out his goodies. He definitely figured it out quickly that candy goes in his pumpkin!
It was getting dark and late, so our last stop was Aunt Stephanie's house. Charlie stood like a big boy waiting for her to answer the door.
Finally it was time to enjoy some candy. I'm pretty sure it was the first time Charlie had ever tried pure chocolate. Of course he LOVED it. As he was enjoying a small Hershey bar, I hid the rest of the candy. Soon after Charlie came running over with his pumpkin and said, "more please!". It was so sweet that I couldn't resist, so we gave him a kit kat. After watching some kids come by, it was time to go home and go to bed. But it was a great Halloween with our sweet toddler!
No comments:
Post a Comment