Friday, March 2, 2012

Bananas, Hugs, Laps, and Love

Charlie is doing new things every day! Here are a few of my favorites:
  • He finally has a new word, banana. He recognizes them and calls them "nana"s. He also says "mmmmm" for his cup, which I'm guessing means milk even though it's often filled with water.
  • He gives great hugs. If you ask for a hug, he'll give you one. And when he's tired or being really sweet, he pats your shoulder and back when he hugs you. 
  • When I'm sitting down, he asks to get on my lap by saying Mama and hitting my legs with his hands.
  • He is so loving. He will give kisses randomly at the sweetest times. Last night during his bath he just walked over to me, grabbed my face, and gave me a kiss. Then he went back to playing. 
  • It seems like he understands everything we say. I can tell him it's time for a bath and he goes upstairs to the bathroom and points to the tub. Or I can tell him to go get my phone, shoes, cup, etc. I was letting him play on the deck while I made dinner the other night and he came inside and pushed the door almost closed, so that Cody was stuck outside. I looked at him and said, "Charlie you left Cody outside. Go open the door so he can come in." He looked at me, then at Cody, then walked right over to the door and opened it, watched Cody come in, shut it again, and went back to playing. I couldn't believe it. 
  • One thing that is great about his understanding us is that he can help me find things he has hidden. This is usually his cup. When it's time to go somewhere I am always saying, "Charlie, where is your milk?" Then we wander around until we find it, and now he can usually walk right to it. I realized that I must put my hands out when I ask him because lately when I ask where something is, he puts his hands out to the side with his palms up as he looks around for it. It's so cute!

Playing in Daddy's shoes

Helping me find a recipe

No comments:

Post a Comment