Charlie loves:
- Throwing balls, and he is getting pretty good at it. He's learning to catch now too and can catch a ball that is thrown from a foot or two away
- Climbing on things
- Music and dancing - here he is playing with a dancing Elmo doll at the mall
- Trying to sit on things, specifically the dogs. They usually get out of the way in time but Charlie is constantly trying to sit on the dogs while they're lying down. I don't know if it's his way of trying to play with them or what.
- Moving. He never sits still - ever - unless he's eating or sleeping. His walking is getting faster and faster and he's almost running.
- Being outside - This must be a boy thing. I don't get it. If we could be outside every minute of every day, Charlie would be happy.
- Being tickled on his ribs
- His blue car
- Being chased
- Brushing his teeth and brushing his hair
- His Crocs (the shoes). I don't know why but the first time I put them on he actually danced around in them and he smiles when I get them out. I've heard that this is common among little kids. They must be really comfortable?
- His water table - This video is the first time he got to play with it. (I realized quickly that I should have put him in a bathing suit.)
Charlie does not like:
- Having to sit down in the bath tub
- Vegetables
- Being dropped off at school (Now he starts crying as soon as we walk in the building.)
- Going inside
- Time out - We tried it for the first time (for hitting Mommy) and it has already made a huge difference. Now when he hits me and I tell him "NO hitting", he stops. I keep waiting for the next time out, but we haven't needed it.
- Sitting still - especially for diaper changes
- When his cup has water in it instead of milk
- Sharing his toys
Overall Charlie is a very sweet, loving, energetic toddler. He keeps us laughing every day and fills our life with joy.
No comments:
Post a Comment