This weekend Charlie and I took a trip with my Mom and sisters to see my cousin Katie get married in Sterling, Virginia. I was very nervous about taking Charlie on an airplane but he did okay and we survived. It was worth it too because we got to see a beautiful wedding and spend time with family that we don't often get to see.
We left on a Friday evening and Charlie did fairly well on the flight, but I had to work to keep him happy. I nursed him as much as possible when he got fussy and my Mom helped to entertain him. Once we landed in D.C., we got our rental car, went straight to the hotel and went to bed. Charlie didn't sleep very well but I was expecting that. His top two front teeth are coming in and he is really uncomfortable.
On Saturday morning we woke up and played in our room before having lunch.
Charlie didn't like the baby food I brought him (which almost never happens) so we ordered a small bowl of macaroni and cheese for him. It was the first time we've ever ordered off the menu for him!
After lunch we headed to the church to watch Katie and Daniel get married. At the reception it was a team effort to keep up with Charlie. Here's my Mom running after him as he makes a break for it.
He spent some time dancing with Aunt Lynn,
And of course gave some signature silly Charlie faces,
You can see one of his top teeth in this picture!
Then he played on the stairs with Lili for a while,
And finally got a chance to hang out with the bride and groom.
On Sunday we went to brunch at my Aunt Lori's house where we were able to spend more time with the newlyweds. Here's Charlie spending time with Katie.
There was an 11-month-old named Noah there who was SO cute. Charlie had so much fun playing with him.
We were having a great time but unfortunately we had to leave early to catch our flight home. We were ready to get back to Atlanta though and Charlie couldn't wait to board the plane.
We finally boarded the plane (and after a two hour maintenance delay!) we were on our way back to Atlanta.

No comments:
Post a Comment