Friday, September 30, 2011

9 Months

Charlie is 9 months old! So what is he like at nine months???
  • TWO Teeth - He officially has two bottom teeth. I've tried to get a picture of them but it's hard by myself. I'll try to remember when Kyle is around to help so I can share how adorable it is.
  • Peek-a-boo - Charlie has always loved peek-a-boo but he recently started playing on his own, meaning he holds up something to cover his or my face and then brings it down and giggles.
  • Changing Time - Changing Charlie's diaper is no easy feat. He is SO wiggly and he gets away from you fast!
  • Mr. Smiley - When we're out together Charlie stares at people hoping they will turn around and smile at him. When they do, he is so excited. When they don't he looks so disappointed. 
  • Babble - Charlie is babbling more and more. His favorite is the "ba" sound but he will occasionally say the "da" or "ma" sound. When he's unhappy it sounds like he's saying mama but it might just be the way he whines.
  • Sleeping Schedule - Charlie usually wakes between 7 and 8. He takes 2 naps a day totaling about 3 hours. He goes to bed around 8 p.m. He rarely wakes up in the middle of the night.
  • Eating Schedule - I'm still nursing Charlie 4 times a day. He also eats yogurt for breakfast and about 6 ounces of baby food for lunch and dinner. I made another batch of homemade baby food including apples, pears, mango, plums, peaches, bananas, and sweet potatoes. The first batch lasted almost 2 months so I'm hoping we're almost finished making food. 
  • Copying - Sometimes when I'm playing with Charlie, I'll take a toy and put it on his head. (it's not easy to entertain a baby all day, okay?) But now when I do it, Charlie will pick up the toy and try to put it on his head himself. I find it hilarious.
  • Self-feeding - Charlie is now eating peas, carrots, puffs, and bananas on his own. It's so scary for me because I constantly think he's going to choke. At first I was giving him such tiny pieces of banana that he could barely pick them up. 
  • Cruising - Charlie likes to walk and push his table across the room. He doesn't do very well with the toys that are meant to be pushed because they have wheels and they move too fast for him. He ends up falling to his knees with the toy in front of him. That being said, he is getting better at walking. Kyle and I have bet going on when Charlie will walk. Kyle thinks he'll walk before Halloween. I think it will be after that. We'll see who is right!

This is the table he likes to push through the living room and walk behind.

This is why you should buckle children in the cart. 
He stood up and turned around in about 2 seconds flat.

Looking cool in his Jimi Hendrix shirt and camouflage cargo pants.

Hanging out with Lili

Shopping for earphones. They were not a hit.

Story time at the library.

Little Charlie is usually the youngest one there, 
but he loves to watch the big kids.

Being tickled by Mr. Levi.

Such a cutie!

At the aquarium with Daddy.

Playing with Connie at dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment