This Saturday was Charlie's first college football game day. Unfortunately for me, that meant a trip to Atlanta (and Georgia Tech) rather than Athens (and UGA). It looks like Charlie will be a Georgia Tech fan for now. (One day Mommy will show him how to cheer for the Dawgs, but we'll have to do it when Dad isn't around.)
Charlie was very excited to see his Nana and Poppy there when we arrived. We tried 3 times to get a picture and when I got home I realized that someone different isn't looking at the camera in each picture!
Poppy isn't looking...
Here we are with Nana, Alex, and Poppy.
Charlie had a lot of fun playing with Carter Holden and Caitlyn Whitney. Here is a picture of Charlie watching Carter's every move.
After some playing it was time for Jacket Walk. That's where the players walk by and make their way to the stadium. Kyle LOVES this part and was very excited to take Charlie.
Before the players arrived, we got a picture with Colin and Carter Holden in front of the Ramblin Wreck. (Can I just tell you how painful this post is for me? I really should have made Kyle do this one. Just typing the words Ramblin Wreck feels wrong.)
Thanks to the Holdens for letting us borrow these headphones to muffle the noise from the band. Even with them on Charlie was a little scared and he clung to Poppy.
Once the players arrived Charlie watched as Kyle gave each one a high five and wished them luck.
After Jacket Walk it was back to the tailgate for more playing and Charlie's favorite, chewing on a bottle.
During the game Charlie and I went to Aunt Lynn's for a much needed nap, while Kyle cheered the team on to victory. It was a fun-filled day for everyone!
p.s. Georgia won Saturday also - 59 to 0. :)
Update: Kyle was disappointed that I left out the fact that GT won 66-24 and broke several NCAA records on offense...So there, I said it.
Love the little Jacket! I'm so glad that Dan was able to catch up with y'all before the game. I'm sorry I missed it!
ReplyDelete