Wednesday, January 12, 2011

Weeks 2 & 3

Here are some notes from the past few weeks:
  • Charlie's weight is doing great! My Mom bought me a home baby scale so I wouldn't have to worry about whether or not he was eating enough. As of today, he weighs 7 pounds, 8 ounces. He's also getting a double chin so I know he's putting on weight. :) He still only eats 6-7 times a day but I'm more comfortable about it now. The past few days he has been eating a lot more so we think he's going through a growth spurt.
  • He's waking up on his own more now and he's awake more often during the day. He sleeps about 3 to 3 1/2 hours at a time at night, which means eating around midnight, then 3:00 a.m., then 6:00 or 7:00 a.m. I know that I am SUPER lucky for this schedule!
  • The one thing that makes Charlie cry is gas. I can't tell if it's normal newborn gas or if it's something more. We're trying a few different things to try and improve it.
  • Although it snowed about a 1/2 inch on Christmas Day, Charlie got to experience his first real snow day this week when Atlanta got 6 inches of snow! (more on that coming soon)
  • I am getting a little bit of cabin fever since we can't really take Charlie out for another few weeks. We were advised by the Pediatrician to avoid taking him out in public if possible and definitely not to take him anywhere with a Pharmacy. I left Charlie with Kyle for about 30 minutes to run out and get food, and my Mom watched him for a few hours while I ran errands. But other than that, we're here all the time. This week we had Kyle with us because of the snow, so that was nice!
  • Pictures coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment