Our baby boy is growing up too fast! Here are some notes from week 4:
- So much for worrying about Charlie not eating enough. The "growth spurt" I mentioned last week is ongoing. At last count Charlie weighed 8 pounds, 6 ounces. He went from being completely uninterested in eating to being ravenous.
- With all the extra eating, baby boy now has chubby cheeks, a double chin and a big ole baby belly!
- Charlie is becoming a very active and noisy sleeper (even more so than before). I'm working on moving him to his crib at night so he doesn't wake me up as much.
- It's not just when he's sleeping, Charlie is more noisy all the time now. He grunts, coos, oohs, aahs, and sighs, especially when he's eating.
- Now that he is four weeks old, we can FINALLY start to venture out of the house more. This week we went out to lunch and ran a few errands. So far Charlie is okay in the car. He usually sleeps but he also likes his mirror when he's awake.
- Kyle left on Sunday afternoon on a business trip and won't return until tomorrow (Friday), so I was a single Mom this week. We were able to Skype (video chat) with him some so he was able to see Charlie, but it's been a long week for both of us.
- The night time feedings are still every 2-3 hours. I'm usually up with him from 12:30-1:30, 3:30-4:30, and then 6:30-7:30.
- During the day he isn't as consistent with his feeding times. Since he was born I have been writing down when he slept, when he ate, and how much he ate (hello Type-A personality!) so I can watch for patterns in his feeding and eating.
- On Tuesday night, my Mom came over to keep me company and help out with Charlie. I slept in the guest room while she slept in my room with the bassinet and took care of Charlie all night. It was AWESOME. I slept for 6 hours straight!
- I forgot to mention in the last post that Charlie's umbilical cord fell out so he can now wear pants and not just pajamas all the time.
Don't worry, I watched him while he slept on his tummy.
I like to cross my hands when I sleep...
or hold them up by my head...
or throw them in the air...
or lay them straight out...
...but at least one hand must be free!
And don't take my paci
Check out those cheeks!
The poor, neglected puppies.
They always sleep together now.
Sleeping in his crib for the first time...
...and waking up in his crib for the first time
Lily is getting practice. She's going to be a big sister soon!
Not too sure about Jackie's kisses
All the kids posing for a picture
Intrigued by the mobile on his swing
No comments:
Post a Comment