By the time we were settled in a room with Charlie, it was already evening. Charlie did really well with breastfeeding, which was a huge relief to me. He stayed in the nursery while we slept but was brought to me every 3 hours or whenever he cried. I was just too nervous to let him sleep with us. We wanted him to be surrounded by nurses who are trained to notice if something doesn't seem right. I wouldn't have slept at all if he was in our room because I would have stared at him all night to make sure he was still breathing. Kyle slept on the couch in our room. He can truly sleep through anything. Even when Charlie came into the room screaming of hunger, Kyle slept soundly. :)
I'll never forget that first night of Mommy-hood. It was so quiet and peaceful and a perfect time for Charlie and I to bond as Mommy and Son. I loved nursing him and holding him and by the morning I was missing him terribly when I woke up and he was in the nursery.
(Charlie on his first morning)
The second day in the hospital was Christmas Eve. Charlie was circumcised first thing in the morning and then we had a full day of visitors. He was such a good little boy all day and his extended family loves him almost as much as Kyle & I.
Here are some of the visitors:





Here are some of the visitors:
Aunt Lynn & Uncle Dion
Great-Grandma Wasson
Grandpa Chuck

Papi Holbrook

MeMaw
The second night went well. We asked the nursery to keep Charlie for one feeding. They fed him formula and it gave me a solid 6 hours of sleep. When I woke up, I was missing Charlie terribly but it was great to have a good night's sleep before we came home.
We woke up on Christmas Day around 7:30 and decided we were ready to go home. The hospital was great but I felt great and we wanted to take our little one home on Christmas. The Pediatrician came by in the morning and gave Charlie a clean bill of health. He also had his hearing test that morning and he passed that too. By noon we were being discharged. Unfortunately I forgot to get a picture of Charlie on the way home. He wore an adorable Christmas onesie that my friend Holly gave him.
When we got home, my parents were there to greet us and Kyle's family came down to open presents. By mid-afternoon it had started to snow and the snow continued into the night. It was the first time in over a hundred years that there was snow accumulation in Atlanta on Christmas Day!
When we got home, my parents were there to greet us and Kyle's family came down to open presents. By mid-afternoon it had started to snow and the snow continued into the night. It was the first time in over a hundred years that there was snow accumulation in Atlanta on Christmas Day!
No comments:
Post a Comment