Monday, March 3, 2014

Holly's First Birthday


When Holly woke up on her birthday, Charlie and I sang happy birthday to her as we went into her room. I took a video of it but I think I may have deleted it because I can't find it anywhere! I'm SO disappointed. You'll have to take my word for it that it was adorable to see how excited Holly was to see us (mostly to see Charlie) singing to her. When we came down for breakfast, Charlie suggested we put a candle in her waffle and sing to her again. After that, he asked if we could put a candle in his waffle and sing to him. Needless to say, there was a lot of singing that morning!

When Daddy got home from work, we went out to dinner to celebrate. Holly was very excited about her birthday meal. She started with some prunes...

...and then she finished off some applesauce, before all eating chicken and some of Charlie's grilled cheese. 

Charlie patiently waited for the best part of any birthday meal...

...the cake!

We made sure Holly got a bite, but she was actually full from her giant dinner.

So Charlie and Daddy helped out.


It was a wonderful day with our big one-year-old girl!

No comments:

Post a Comment