Kyle has a project in Austin and he's been traveling there every few weeks. This time, I flew down to meet him and we stayed for several days. We had a great time and loved Austin so much. If I could convince all my friends and family to move there with us, we would definitely consider moving it.
On Wednesday, Kyle had to work so I explored the city on my own. I left the hotel at 9 a.m. to go for a jog/walk along the river to Ziker park. It was so pretty that I didn't get back to the hotel until noon. Once at the park, I hung out on this rock for a while and watched all the dogs playing. The entire park is an off-leash area for dogs.
The trails along the Colorado river were in great shape and the weather was perfect. We were there at a great time of year though. Last year they had something like 80 straight days over 100 degrees.
I had to stop and watch the dogs play in the river too...also an off leash area.
That evening Kyle and I went out to dinner with some of his colleagues. The food was amazing. Pretty much all of the food in Austin was amazing. The next morning I wanted to take Kyle to Ziker park. We visited a part of the park called Barton Springs. It's a natural cool spring that stays at 62 degrees year round. It's a very popular place in the summer!
After our walk we went to lunch at the Hula Hut on Lake Austin. The view was perfect of all the great houses on the other side of the lake.
Our next stop was Mount Bonnell and another great view.
That night we had dinner with one of my old friends from high school and then we watched the bats leave the Congress Street bridge.
The next morning we did some shopping on South Congress, had a great lunch, watched some of the Masters, and then headed to a Segway tour of Austin. Here we are getting ready to go.
The Segways are SO much fun and really easy to maneuver. Here we are in front of the Capitol Building.
That night we called a cab to take us to Stubbs BBQ for a concert (Yellow Mountain String Band). It turned out to be a crazy party van. It had a touch-screen juke box of live shows that would play on several TV screens.
The concert was fun for Kyle, but not really my style. I made it through half the show and then Kyle could tell I had enough. I offered to stay for the rest but he was kind enough to leave. :)
The next stop was the main bar district in Austin. A friend of mine from college met us out and took us on a tour of the must-see bars.
It was a great way to end our visit to Austin. The next morning we packed up and headed home to our baby boy.
No comments:
Post a Comment