Saturday, April 14, 2012

15 1/2 Months

Charlie continues to make us laugh every day. However, lately he has been making me want to pull my hair out a little more also. When we got back from Austin, he was a different child. No longer was he the sweetest boy in the world. I was putting him in time out all day long. He had his first long tantrum, his first public tantrum (at Target), and his first restaurant tantrum. I am hoping it's just because we were gone for so long and he was out of sorts. I also think that while we were gone he may have forgotten what it's like to be told no. :) I know he's at the age, but after three or four days of behaving badly, he has gotten much better. And he is still a sweet boy. On Thursday night he was playing with his golf club and he accidentally hit me really hard. I said "Ow, that hurt" pretty loudly and I could see in his face that he felt terrible. He immediately kissed my leg and then put his head down in my lap and patted me so gently. I wish I could show all of you that moment. It was one of the most special things I've experienced with Charlie since he was born. 

Speaking of Charlie's golf club, the little guy is OBSESSED with hitting balls with his golf club. In fact, the other day at the park, he picked up a stick and starting practicing his swing. It took me a while to figure out what he was doing, but I realized that he was using the same timing we had been using when we say 1,2,3, swing...Needless to say, Kyle is so proud.


The other obsession is being outside. Not being allowed to go outside was the reason for most of his tantrums this week. We have been spending a lot of time at the park, the zoo, our new backyard, and anything else that is outside. 

I've been impressed with Charlie at the park. He isn't afraid of playing right along with all the big kids and he goes down the big slides all by himself. We have had a few incidents where the older kids pushed him down. One time it really shocked him. His lip started quivering and he was about to start crying. I scooped him up and told him not to worry about it, we could play somewhere else. We moved on and he never cried, although he wouldn't go back to the area where the big kids knocked him down, even after they left. I really wanted to beat the *&@$ out of those kids.

There isn't much else to report. Charlie is still a good eater (other than vegetables). He takes one or two naps a day depending on what we have planned. He babbles more each day and is saying Dada more regularly. Here are a few more pictures of our recent adventures:


Taking it all in at the zoo

Riding the train at the zoo with Mommy

Our second attempt at a picture on the train

His first ice cream cone

Helping Mommy sweep

Asleep on the way home from the zoo

No comments:

Post a Comment