Saturday, April 28, 2012

16 Months

At 16 months Charlie...
  • ...is still not talking much, but babbling more, and now shakes his head "yes" and "no". That does make communication a lot easier.
  • ... is waking up around 6:30-6:45. I get him up, change his diaper, give him a cup of milk, and bring him into bed with Kyle and I to watch some TV while Kyle hits the snooze alarm gets ready for work. It's one of my favorite parts of the day because Charlie is so loving. He loves to lay on Kyle, then on me, and then the dogs. And then as he starts to wake up more, it turns into climbing on me, Kyle, and the dogs. 
  • ...loves sports. He'll watch baseball, golf, and basketball on TV. His most recent obsession is basketball. He loves to play with our basketball goal on the driveway and his small hoop inside. Here's a video of him playing with his indoor hoop.
  • ...has a fear of water. He isn't scared of his baths but he hates our hose and sprinklers. It seems to be moving water that really scares him.
  • ...is having a lot of fun with his friend Ryder. Ryder recently turned 2 and is so sweet to "Cha-chi" as he calls him. They are adorable together. Here they are playing at the indoor pool at the park.


  • ...can smile on cue. I was tired of pictures like the ones above where he just looks confused so I taught him the word smile. 
  • ...still won't eat green vegetables - not even in sauce, with cheese dip, nothing. When I do slip something past him, like peas mixed in to spaghetti, he'll spit them out when he accidentally eats one. 
  • ...is good at feeding himself with a spoon. He eats yogurt everyday.
  • ...is taking one nap most days but I can get him to take two if we have something planned in the middle of the day.
Here are a few more pictures of Charlie having fun at 16 months. 

Loving the fountain at the mall.

Never let a toddler "help" to prune the roses. 
Can you see all the petals on the ground?

Riding a motorcycle at the mall

In my mouth? 
No, I didn't put the sidewalk chalk in my mouth


More fun at Catch-Air...

No comments:

Post a Comment