Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Saturday in Lexington

On Saturday morning we headed to the Shaker Village at Pleasant Hill. The Shakers were a communal society in the early 1800s. At Shaker Village, they have restored one of their settlements and set up a living museum with demonstrations, animals, and restored buildings. 

First we had breakfast at the Inn where Charlie enjoyed his Shaker high chair.


Then we took a walk around the property.





Charlie was able to pet a sheep, a cow, and a horse.





After our morning at Shaker Village, we took a drive to a few Kentucky Bourbon Distilleries. Our first stop was Wild Turkey.


Charlie and I hung out on the porch while Kyle enjoyed the tasting room.


The warehouses look like jails. They all had very small windows, and all the windows had bars on them.


Before we left, we showed Charlie how to play corn hole.


And we got a picture of Charlie on the turkey barrel.


Then we took a beautiful drive through the Kentucky countryside to our next stop...


Woodford Reserve Distillery.



There they were having some sort of Corvette event. 


Charlie and I were ready to head inside.


The place was PACKED so Charlie and I played outside while Kyle looked around. 


That was our last stop and then it was back to Lexington where I took a long nap (I had a sinus infection during our whole trip and I was really feeling bad by Saturday afternoon.) while Kyle took Charlie to Applebees to watch the GT game. (THANK YOU KYLE!)

No comments:

Post a Comment