Monday, November 22, 2010

Friends Shower!!

This weekend I celebrated Charlie with many of my closest girlfriends. It was so much fun to see everyone and of course it's always fun to celebrate Charlie! Jordan, Amber, & Lynn put together a great shower with yummy food (Rhodes Bakery AND Publix!), cute decorations, a fun game, and they even had M&M favors just like we had at our wedding.


The game was fun for me because it was also a lot like a game we played at one of my bridal showers. Last weekend when I was not around, they asked Kyle several questions about Charlie and babies in general without my knowing. At the shower they asked me the same questions and I had to guess what his answers were. I only got about 1/2 of them right. I underestimated Kyle's baby knowledge! Here are the questions along with Kyle's answers:
  • What college will Charlie attend?
    • Kyle's answer: GT (I got this right, but I don't know if Kyle did.)
  • How many tabs are on a diaper?
    • Kyle's answer: 4 (There are 2, but he was close)
  • What score do you hope Charlie gets on his Apgar test?
    • Kyle's answer: I don't know what that is. (After being forced to guess a number, Kyle guessed 10, which is actually the right answer!)
  • Which dog will Charlie like more? 
    • Kyle's answer: Jackie (I got this right and I have to agree with him on this one.)
  • What's the first thing Carey will do after Charlie is born?
    • Kyle's answer: Lay in bed (I said cry.)
  • What's the first thing you will do after Charlie is born?
    • Kyle's answer: Show him off (I said take pictures.)
  • What trait do you hope Charlie gets from Carey?
    • Kyle's answer: Her outgoingness and willingness to say anything (I said my good looks. I figured he'd learned enough about being a husband by now to recognize the opportunity to compliment my looks, but I was wrong.)
  • What trait do you hope Charlie does NOT get from Carey?
    • Kyle's answer: Being a UGA fan (I thought Kyle would say my impatience, but his answer makes sense too.)
  • When will Charlie start to walk?
    • Kyle's answer:  Next Thanksgiving (This is actually pretty accurate. I didn't think he would have any idea when babies start walking.)
  • What will be Charlie's first word?
    • Kyle's answer: Dada (I got this wrong - figured he would say Charlie's first words would be "go jackets")
  • What will Charlie be when he grow's up?
    • Kyle's answer: Professional golfer (I got this one right - duh!)
  • How many diapers does a newborn go through in one day?
    • Kyle's answer: 10 (This is fairly accurate too.)
  • How many of those diapers will you change?
    • Kyle's answer: 2 (I thought Kyle would say 0 so I got this one wrong, but I was pleasantly surprised.)
Here are more pictures from the shower. I'm really mad at myself for not getting a picture of all the attendees. I was having too much fun and completely forgot!
So much for being a golfer. According to this shirt Charlie will be a professional bowler...at least it's still an athelete!

This is me attempting to bend over and reach into a gift bag. It's getting harder every day.

Happy to be with my friends opening Charlie gifts!

No comments:

Post a Comment