Friday, July 30, 2010

18 Week Check-Up

This morning was the 18 week appointment with the Maternal/Fetal Specialist. Kyle's Mom came with me today and everything looked great! They reviewed everything including the brain, liver, kidneys, bladder, stomach, heart, lungs, spine, blood flow, hands, fingers, feet, toes...you get the idea. As usual Charlie would not cooperate. He was laying on his belly which made it hard for them to see his heart. He also could not stop moving. The ultrasound tech must have said 20 times how wiggly he was. He does this everytime. I can't believe he's causing problems already. We're in trouble. :)

I was also excited because they got a new scale which was much kinder to me than their old scale. So far I've gained 7-8 pounds. That's right on schedule. I know I'm eating more than I was before I was pregnant. But I'm rarely hungry after about 4 p.m. Unless we go out to eat, I don't eat much dinner so I guess that helps keep the weight down. I've also been doing prenatal pilates and walking. The last time I went for a walk I got cramps though and had to stop, so I don't know if I'll have to just stick with the pilates. I'm trying to be really good about keeping up with the pilates in order to prevent back problems later in the pregnancy. Because of my past back issues and having had back surgery, there's a small chance I would have to be on bed rest if my back became a problem again. But so far I have had very little back pain. Yay!

Here are some of the pictures from today's appointment:

Mouth open and hands in front of him

Arching his back. He does this a lot :)

My favorite - What's cuter than baby feet?!

No comments:

Post a Comment