Monday, March 8, 2010

Thankful Mondays

It's been a few Mondays since I posted. As I've said before, this journey is such a roller coaster and sometimes I'm just not in the right place emotionally on Mondays to write this post. I'm thankful when I'm driving down the road, but by the time I get home and on the computer, I'm not in a thankful place anymore.

But it's been too long and there are things I am thankful for, so I'm making sure to get it done today.

1. One thing I'm thankful for today is that I have never had to watch my children suffer. I'm in a lot of pain because I miss our little girls and I have such a yearning to have a child to hold, but I'm not in pain because one of my children is hurt or sick. And I am VERY thankful for that. I've seen several stories of children with cancer lately and it breaks my heart. THANK GOODNESS we have not experienced that.

2. I'm very thankful that, for the most part, Kyle and I are healthy. I have my Crohn's issues, but that's not life-threatening. Sometimes I think about how hard it would be if I lost Kyle or if he had cancer. I try to think about it when I'm feeling down, to remind myself how lucky we truly are. But the thought of losing Kyle or either one of us battling a life-threatening disease is so scary that I can't even think about it for more than a second.

3. I'm thankful that I have a good paying job! My company recently made it public that they are working to acquire the HRM piece of Convergys. It's a scary thing because there will be many unknowns about the future of the company and the direction it goes - including it's location. But any major changes would take at least 6 months to a year, so for now everything SHOULD be okay with my position. It was a reminder though that things can change quickly and while my job isn't perfect, I'm THANKFUL to have it!

4. I'm thankful for this little bunny that put a smile on my face when I walked outside to get the mail. I'm also thankful Jackie didn't see it, and therefore didn't have a chance to kill it. ;)

1 comment:

  1. I am thankful that I have you as a friend ... and that we will see you soon!!

    ReplyDelete