Last Saturday, Kyle and I took the pups down to visit Aunt Betty and Uncle Steffen at their farm outside of Madison. They have almost 500 hundred acres and the dogs absolutely love it there! Kyle and I love it too. It was such a beautiful day to be outside and we hadn't seen Aunt Betty and Uncle Steffen in way too long.
We took the dogs for a long walk around some of the property. As you can see, Cody loves the mud and the lakes.
Jackie barked at the cows, but she would stop when we yelled at her. I was worried that a cow was going to stomp on her.
After our walk, we headed up to the museum with Aunt Betty to get our wedding present. Some of you may not know that Uncle Steffen is the son of Steffen Thomas. Aunt Betty and Lisa brought out several pieces of original art for us and let us pick one out as our wedding present. (The Stone Mountain picture in our living room is also one of his original works.) Luckily, Lisa said we could each pick one and take two home.
We've already hung up one over the fire place in our living room. It looks AMAZING. I like it more each day when I walk by.
I really like the other one too, shown below. I can't wait to get it framed. I think I'm going to hang it in our master bathroom.
Thank you again Aunt Betty and Uncle Steffen for having us over and for the beautiful paintings!! If you want to learn more about Steffen Thomas and the museum, you can visit their website here.
No comments:
Post a Comment