Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Worst Birthday Ever

As Lynn said, yesterday was "officially the worst birthday ever". Last spring, I thought I would have a sweet little 2 week old baby on my birthday. Then we lost little Devon and everything changed. Things were starting to look up when I got pregnant again and was hoping for a healthy 11 week pregnancy on my birthday. Unfortunately I didn't get that either. Instead, I spent my birthday mourning the loss of our second little one and realizing that we had to start all over. I have to try to get pregnant for a THIRD time and get through yet another first trimester. If you've ever been through a first trimester of pregnancy, you'll understand why that sucks! And the scary thing is that there is no guarantee that the third pregnancy will be healthy. In fact, there is a 40-49% chance of miscarriage on the next one.

But it isn't all bad. Some really wonderful things are happening in my life also. For one thing, Kyle and I are more sure than ever that we found the perfect spouse. I can't imagine going through this situation with anyone else and I don't know how I would be coping without Kyle by my side. I know he feels the same way and we feel incredibly lucky that God brought us together. We also feel so blessed to be loved by so many wonderful people. One of the best things I did in the past few days was to share our sad news on Facebook. The outpouring of support from people was so touching. Even friends I have barely spoken to since high school sent me heartfelt messages that meant so much to me. Reading those words of encouragement has helped tremendously. And the flowers, cards, texts, calls, and emails from our close friends and family have been amazing.

So what's next? Well, I go back to the Doctor's office in a few weeks to review the results of the tests. Based on what they find, I'll probably schedule an appointment with a Fertility Specialist after that to continue testing and looking for a solution. I found a great website from a specialist here in Lawrenceville. I think it does good job explaining all the possible reasons for recurrent miscarriages and what can be done about them. This site says that we have a 49% chance of miscarriage on the third pregnancy. The other site I saw (that I posted the other day) said a 40% chance.

I'll keep everyone posted as to the results of our tests. LOVE to EVERYONE!

2 comments:

  1. I'm so glad that you were able to see the good in all of the hurt and sadness that you've two been enduring. I'm so happy that you have Kyle in your life (and you in his) to go through all of the extreme highs and lows of the relationship/ life. I can't begin to imagine what you've gone through in the last year. God has a plan for everyone, we just don't know what it is so we have to have the faith that He will allow us to have what we desire. I'll continue praying for you!
    That site was interesting....thanks for finding it (I was able to get some info too).

    ReplyDelete
  2. You know this, but - we love you two more than anything. Thank you for being the perfect example of a strong couple for us to strive and live up to. Prayers. Every day.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete