This first trimester is going by so slowly! The nausea is a little better, but the exhaustion is still going strong. So far I've only gained about 2-3 pounds, but my tummy is definitely bigger. I have several pairs of pants that are a size bigger than I usually wear. I bought them last year after back surgery when I gained a bunch of weight. I currently weigh less than I did then and yet I cannot even button those pants!
I don't think I look pregnant yet, just a little fat. :) It's mostly bloating at this point, but I can tell that it won't be long before it's a real bump. I am surprised by how quickly my belly is changing. Most people I've talked to didn't show for another 5-6 weeks. I looked it up on the internet and read that women who are short-waisted tend to show earlier, so that made me feel a little better.
The next appointment to check on the baby is this Friday, Jan. 22 at 9:15. Then our first appointment with the maternal/fetal specialist is the 4th of February. If everything looks okay at that appointment (which will be at 12 weeks), we can take a huge sigh of relief and look forward to having a baby in August!
So good to hear... I am trying to hold off on getting over excited until you get to the point of feeling extra comfortable with the health of the pregnancy, etc. But I can't help it and am starting to think what an exciting blessing it will be to have a tiny Holbrook in the family. If Kyle ever can't make it to a doctor’s appointment, let me know- I would love to share in the support sometime these next few months!
ReplyDeleteWe will be thinking about you Friday! And I feel you - I "showed" way earlier than a lot of people. :) It's a blessing though! Hope you are doing OK. Thinking about you every day!
ReplyDelete