Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Good news at the Doctor!!!!

Everything looks great! Baby had a strong heartbeat of 169 beats per minute. It looked right on schedule in terms of size too. Here is a super blurry picture of the scan they gave us. Kyle thinks it looks like a peanut. My Mom thinks it looks like Wes. :)

I asked if I could come back in just a few weeks for another ultrasound just for peace of mind. Dr. Freeman said that was fine, so we scheduled it for January 22nd. I'll be 10 weeks and 4 days at that time. He also said that if I would like, he could refer me to a maternal/fetal specialist. They do more extensive testing using more precise ultrasound equipment. He said we definitely don't need it, but it's there if we want it. Needless to say, I want all the ultrasounds I can get so I'm going. They're supposed to call to set up an appointment in about a month - at 12 weeks.

As Dr. Freeman said, there isn't anything they can do to help the baby along, but they can hold my hand throughout the process to make me less anxious. I'm SO thankful for that!

3 comments:

  1. Fabulous news!!!! I'm so happy for you both! What do they say about heartbeats? Supposedly if it's over 140 it's a girl and less it's a boy? It's an old wives tale I'm sure but still kind of fun. Also, there's the chinese birth chart you can check out too.

    AND take what you can get...I'd love to have more ultrasounds... that way you can see your miracle WAY more.

    Again, congrats!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, and I LOVE the ticker at the top!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks! I knew you would enjoy the ticker. :)

    ReplyDelete