It's now been 6 months since the miscarriage. It's amazing how much I still think about it. We were told that it can be helpful to name the baby and just "go with your gut" on the sex. We decided it was a girl and we named her Devon. I think about little baby Devon everyday. Most days it's just a sense of nostalgia and longing for her. Some days it's still very painful. The holidays are difficult because I can't help but think about where we would be right now. Devon's due date was Jan. 12th, which means I would have been VERY pregnant right now.
Kyle and I decided to get away for Thanksgiving. We rented a house on St. Simon's Island and took the pups with us to the beach. It was a wonderful vacation and just what we needed. The dogs loved the beach even more than we thought they would. We had so much fun that we want to move there! If Kyle could do his job from the island, we would be making plans to relocate. :)
We have had some good news recently. On Friday morning (2 days ago), I got my first positive pregnancy test since April!!! My reaction was different this time. Last time I thought, "oh my gosh, I'm going to have a baby!". This time it's more like, "finally, I'm pregnant again...let's hope this one ends happily." I went to the Dr. for blood tests on Friday. I'm not sure exactly what they were measuring, but they took 5 full vials of blood. They'll call tomorrow (Monday) with the results, so for now we're just hoping and praying for the best. If everything goes okay this time, the due date would be August 16th.
No comments:
Post a Comment