The Doctor's office called this morning and said that I am indeed pregnant, but that it's so early, they want me to come back in for more testing to measure the increase in HCG ("the pregnancy hormone"). I went back this morning and will get the results tomorrow. The number from Friday's blood work is 21, which is pretty good for 9-10 days post ovulation. We're hoping that today's number will be at least 40. The levels should double every 2-3 days.
Of course, during the last pregnancy, everything was fine at this point. Many people feel much better after a heartbeat is detected (usually around 5-6 weeks) because the miscarriage risk drops to about 5% after that. But according to our doctor, Devon had a heartbeat for a few weeks, so I won't feel like we're safe if we see a heartbeat this time.
After 12-13 weeks, the risk of loss drops to 2-3% and stays that low throughout the pregnancy. (See more on miscarriage rates here.) I guess if we make it past the first trimester we can start to relax. That's what we're hoping for at this point.
Praying for you!!!
ReplyDelete