Tuesday, December 8, 2009

So Far, So Good

The Doctor's office just called. My HCG number went up from 21 to 119! I was hoping for at least 40, so that's great. Also, my progesterone number was 21. They like it to be 15, so that was fine too. She said that everything looked so good, I really don't need to come in again until the first ultrasound. It's scheduled for Jan. 6th at 9:15.

After the miscarriage, my Doctor said I could go in every week for blood tests if I wanted and we could do an additional ultrasound at 6-7 weeks. I know the nurse who called me wasn't aware of that. I considered talking to her about it, but since everything was fine with the last pregnancy right up until the 7th or 8th week, I think I would rather just wait until my appointment on Jan 6th. I don't want to be told that everything is okay with the baby, only to lose it shortly after. I know it's crazy to think that the exact same thing will happen that happened last time, but it's impossible not to worry about it. Needless to say, I'm going to be a wreck on the morning of the 6th!

Until then, I'll just keep praying (and begging and pleading) for God to keep this little one healthy.

Grow, Baby, Grow! We already love you and want so badly to meet you in August.

No comments:

Post a Comment