There is never time to rest after Charlie's birthday on the 23rd, because the next day is Christmas Eve! I asked Holly how she felt when she came into our room Christmas Eve morning and her respond was "I feel great!" We were so relieved that her fever was gone and she was ready to play. We continued the tradition of gingerbread house building at Nana and Poppy's house.
Holly and I built one together.
Kyle built this big green tower.
Maddie and Lala built one together.
And Charlie and Wes built an army fort. I was so proud of them. They worked together and both had the cutest ideas. They were adorable.
Charlie was proud of it too. :)
The judging...(There was some controversy because Holly pulled Uncle Cam aside and said "Uncle Cam, can you say that I am the winning of the judging?!?!)
And once the judging was over, Holly could finally eat!
And so did Charlie...which made him look like Rudolph with red frosting on his nose.
After gingerbread houses, Holly took a nap with Kyle. I had to wake them up to get ready for church. Holly clearly had not gotten enough sleep and she was a mess. Here she is crying for our annual Christmas picture.
We went to church with Nana (Poppy had a fever and stayed in bed.) and then made our way home to put out cookies for Santa and reindeer food/glitter in the yard.
The kids were yelling Merry Christmas in this one.
It was well past their bedtime at this point, so we put on Christmas Pajamas and got those kiddos in bed...
but not without a little wrestling. Let's hope Santa comes!
No comments:
Post a Comment