Thursday, January 12, 2017

Charlie lost his first (and second) tooth!

Charlie has had a permanent tooth coming in on the bottom for a few weeks now. He refused to touch (or let anyone else touch) the baby teeth around it so I couldn't tell if it was loose or not. I called the dentist and they wanted us to come in. Charlie was freaked out. I expected him to cry the whole way there, but he held it together. He whined a lot and kept saying, "Mom, I REALLY don't want to go to the dentist."

Once there, they took an x-ray of his teeth and did an exam. They said we could keep trying to get the baby tooth out on our own if we didn't want to have it pulled, but we would need to wiggle it every day. I knew that would be a battle, so I decided to just have them pull it. It was actually very loose. Since the permanent tooth next to it would also be coming in soon, they suggested we just have both baby teeth pulled.


Then we had to tell Charlie. He didn't take it well, but we calmed him down enough to get the Nitrous mask on, and things got better quickly. He complained that the air was blowing in his eyes so they gave him some sunglasses to wear too. Here he is after he calmed down, watching the movie, Up, on the TV above him.


And just like that, he had lost his first two teeth! He didn't want to put them under his pillow for the tooth fairy. I think the idea of a fairy coming into his room was (understandably) a bit scary. I suggested we put them under the pillow in the guest room and he was okay with that.


The next morning Charlie was excited to find that the tooth fairy had come!


Now he and his friend Emily have matching missing teeth!



No comments:

Post a Comment