Happy birthday to our big 6 year old boy! Charlie has grown up so much in the past few months. He is sweet, loving, appreciative, and kind. He doesn't watch much TV anymore, but would rather be practicing basketball or playing outside. When we do watch TV, he likes nature shows like River Monsters, America's Funniest Home Videos, and American Ninja Warrior. He hates losing, so much so that he would rather not play games if he thinks there is a chance he could lose. He'll say, "No, Mom, I don't like Bingo because I usually lose and I really just hate losing." He has come so far in kindergarten and now he likes going to school! He has not lost any teeth yet but he does have one permanent tooth growing in on the bottom that is making him look like a shark. It might need to be pulled if we can't get it out soon. We haven't had his 6 year check up yet, so I'll have to do another post with his 6 year stats.
On Charlie's birthday, we woke him up with a birthday donut and then got ready for this year's birthday trip. Instead of the aquarium, this year we went to Fernbank Museum of Natural History.
Poor Holly woke up with a fever, so she and Lili had to miss the trip to the museum.
He had never been to the museum before, and right away he was super excited about the dinosaur statues.
Once inside, he ran down the stairs to get closer to the dinosaurs.
I was sad for Holly that she missed out on the photo holes. She loves them. And why didn't Kyle and I make mean faces like Charlie did? Dinosaurs don't smile.
Charlie and Grandpa in front of one of the dinosaurs.
Learning about dinosaur bones
Playing with shadows
The electricity ball. Whenever Charlie touched it, his shoes lit up.
Playing with bubbles
Showing Aunt Alex how dinosaur fossils are found
Climbing on the playground outside
We had so much fun with our little man!
After the museum, we had lunch (pizza of course for the birthday boy) and played Hedbandz.
Once we got back home, Charlie requested a trip to the creek at the end of the street. Luckily it was warm enough for Kyle, Charlie, and Jackie to do some exploring.
I think he had a great day. Happy birthday, Charlie!! WE LOVE YOU!!
No comments:
Post a Comment