It's hard to sit down and capture what the kids are like in a blog post, especially since they are constantly changing. I have a running list of things I want to mention, but I never seem to find the time to do it right. So I am just going to get it done today. It won't capture everything perfectly, but I don't want to forget these things...
Buying Fries
Over the summer, we were having lunch at the clubhouse. Holly wanted more french fries and we told her no. So she asked Charlie if he would go get her more fries. Charlie said, "No, I don't have any money!" Holly looked at him for a second and then perked up and said, "Oh! Daddy, can I have some money?! I go get fries." I really think she would have gone and found a waitress and tried to buy some fries if we had let her.
Amen
A few weeks ago in church, the Priest was saying the prayers and as she finished, Holly yelled out "AMEN!" across the silent church. Everyone laughed. It was hilarious.
Who are you going to marry?
In the car the other day, Wes asked Charlie if he had a girlfriend. He said no, but I asked, "Who would you want to be your girlfriend if you had one? Like who would you want to marry?" He was quiet for a second and then he said, Reese. Reese is cool and she likes to play sports and she's tough. Charlie loves playing soccer and football with her. Then we asked Holly who she wanted to marry. She quickly said, "Wes!" Charlie told her, "No, Wes is too old. They have to be like your age." So then Holly said, "Charlie!" Then we told her, no, sorry, it can't be family. Then she picked our next door neighbor, "Luke." I'm not surprised. Holly is pretty obsessed with Luke.
Be Quiet!
On our recent trip to the mountains, we had the kids in the same room. When we put them to bed, Holly couldn't stop talking and mumbling to herself. Charlie kept asking her to stop and he was getting really frustrated. I was listening in and giggling. It went something like this:
Charlie: HOL-LEE!!! BE QUIET!!
Holly: You just talk, Charlie.
Charlie screams: CAUSE I'M TELLING YOU TO STOP TALKING!! IF YOU STOP, THEN I CAN STOP!!!!!!!
Then it's quiet for a few seconds...
Holly: Why?
Charlie (at the top of his lungs): STOP TALKING!!!!!!!!!!!!
Big Kid Charlie
Charlie is becoming more like a kid and less like a baby. He is practicing writing letters at school and he writes his name on everything now. He has a thirst for knowledge and his favorite subjects are dinosaurs, sharks, whales and dolphins. He loves for us to read books to him about animals and he wants to hear all the facts about how big they were, what they ate, where they lived, etc. He likes watching documentaries like Planet Earth and he likes to watch The Amazing Race with Kyle and I.
Playing Together
The kids are getting so much better at playing together. They fight like sibling and regulating their arguments is so hard (I never know who is at fault and it's hard to get it right!), but for the most part, they need me less and less when they play. I have worked SO HARD to get them to play without me and it is finally getting better. Charlie still asks me to play with him all the time, but when I say no, he goes and plays by himself or with Holly more.
There are so many more adorable things that happen around here, but I can never remember them all, and they are probably only adorable to Kyle and I anyway. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment