We all made it home just after lunch time and we were able to watch the snow from our living room. Charlie's school asked the parents to pick the kids up an hour early because of the coming snow. That meant I had to take Charlie with me to the grocery store. As we were walking in to the store, it started snowing. I showed Charlie and he got so excited. "I see it, Mommy! I see snow!" And then...he got a snowflake in his eye. He complained that the snow hurt his eyes and he wanted to go into the store. I tried to explain to him that if he doesn't look straight up, that probably won't happen, but he was anti-snow after that. On our way out of the store he refused to open his eyes until we were at the car. And once we got home, I couldn't get him to step out of the garage into the snow. But that afternoon, once a good bit of snow (for Atlanta) had fallen, we pretty much told him he had no choice because we were going out to play. Once we forced him out there, he loved it. His favorite part was throwing snowballs at Kyle and I. Holly stayed inside with Poppy most of the time, but we did take her out just for a few minutes. As usual, she was just happy to be there with her brother. We went back out a couple of times the next day and the neighbors even came over to play. I hope it snows again this year!
Pretty view from the kitchen window.
Holly checking out the snow.
She loved watching from the window too.
Ready to go.
Our first trip out into the snow. Charlie said he wanted to "bounce on the trampoline and make the snow jump."
Snowball fight begins
The next day we got out his dump trucks and sand toys with the neighbors.
And of course, yummy hot chocolate when you come inside.
This whole post had me cracking up, especially that video of her temper tantrum about the chip. LOL!! "Holly, eat a pea!" "NOOOOOOOOOO!!!" I love it. Caroline and Holly would be BFF's for life, yo.
ReplyDelete