CHARLIE
- Charlie is continuing to use more words and sentences. Now instead of saying "hard", he's saying "Mommy help, it's too hard." We are enjoying watching his little mind work and learn about the world. A few days ago we were in the car and he suddenly started yelling from the back seat, "Mommy! Tummy up and down! Tummy up and down!" He was staring down at his stomach, totally freaked out watching it go up and down when he breathes. I couldn't help but laugh hysterically.
- Now that the weather is finally getting warmer, we are able to play in the backyard more often. Charlie LOVES to play outside. He loves to blow bubbles, play in his water table, and especially to play baseball. He's obsessed with baseball right now.
- He must be going through a growth spurt because he is eating a lot! He's doing a better job eating his fruits and he is willing to try more foods. He has even been eating some vegetables!!
- My biggest challenge right now is dealing with him constantly changing his mind. I am assuming it's just a need to control his surroundings? OMG, it's SO annoying! He'll decide he wants water until I'm putting the top on his cup, then change his mind to juice. As I pour in some juice, he loses it. No! Water! I usually just say, sorry, you said juice. Here it is. And then he loses his mind in a tantrum. He has also started hurting himself as he is having a tantrum and then running to me cause he got hurt.
- For the most part though he is very sweet and polite. He is good at sharing his toys and he is so sweet to his little sister. He still loves to "pet" her and wants to know where she is all the time.
HOLLY
- Holly is a great baby. Other than her spitting up issues, she is really easy. When I put her down at night, she stares at the ceiling for a while and then goes to sleep. Sometimes I'll check the monitor and see her just laying there awake, but she falls back asleep if she's still tired. There is no real pattern or schedule during the day. When she's hungry, she eats. When she's tired, she sleeps. At night she goes to bed at 8:00. Lately I have been staying up until 11:00 to feed her and then she will sleep until 5:30-6:00. It doesn't always work that way. Sometimes she wakes up around 2:00 or 3:00, but for the most part she is doing a great job sleeping at night!
- The spitting up is getting better. There are still days where she is spitting up all day long and we go through bib after bib and several outfit changes. But those aren't the norm. Most days she spits up, but only enough to get her bib wet, not all over the floor, and me, and her clothes, and the couch like she used to do. I am still avoiding dairy and that seems to be helping. Well, I don't know really. It could just be that she is getting older and having an easier time digesting. But the doctors think it helps so I'll keep it up for a while.
- At her 2 month check up she weighed 10 pounds, 10 ounces (34%) and was 22 1/2 inches long (41%).
Brushing the goats at the Zoo
Waiting on Mommy to get his milk before his nap. The Zoo wore him out!
Playing with his puzzles
Protective big brother
Playing at the park with friends
Poppy teaching Holly about the Masters
Playing together already
Singing to the Mommies at preschool
While cleaning out the fridge, I had my back turned for five minutes and Charlie did this.
Rather than sit in the stroller, Charlie wanted to push his own stroller on our walk. It was so cute!
Holly and Daddy
After a tantrum
Charlie loves that Jackie can get in his bed now
Playing catch with Daddy
Cute dress, hungry baby
Waiting for Daddy to get home and play catch
Happy girl ready for church
Waiting for story time at the library
All bundled up after his shower
Charlie's school picture
Both kids at the aquarium
Snacking on her hand at the Doctor's office
Charlie put his marker tops on his fingers and said, "Look Mommy, finger puppets!"
Sick Charlie napping with Daddy
Smiling at Minnie Mouse
Sideways grin
Big boy swing at the park!
Naked baby in the window
No comments:
Post a Comment