Friday, October 26, 2012

22 Months

Here's what is happening with Charlie at 22 months:

SCHOOL
His new school is a much better fit for him. He cried a little the first few times I dropped him off, but in the past few weeks there were no tears! This morning he actually ran in to the toys and never looked back. The teacher only sets out one or two specific toys each morning and I think that is really exciting for him to see what it is. Today it was all the tools and a few workbenches. Last time it was the cars and race tracks. According to the teachers, Charlie has a great time and is very agreeable. Last week they had a visit from the fire station and Charlie LOVED the firetruck. He even got on it. I was shocked! I'm so happy that he is more comfortable there.

EATING
I started this post a few days ago and had written all about how Charlie isn't eating much lately. He isn't tempted by dessert at all. Like...If you eat that nugget, you can have a cookie. That worked once. Now he can watch me eat a cookie in front of him and he still isn't willing to eat anything. But like most things with toddlers, that all changed. He's eating again and sometimes it's a lot! He ate 6 chicken nuggets and his fruit at Chick-fil-A yesterday!

We still struggle with vegetables. Other than zucchini bread or the spinach in his smoothies, I honestly can't remember the last time he ate a vegetable. We still offer them but he won't eat them. He did try a cherry tomato the other day, but he quickly spit it back out. His diet mostly consists of breads, fruits, yogurt, and chicken. He's not a big fan of cheese either unless it's hot - like on pizza and chicken parmigiana.

TALKING
This time it's for real...Charlie is talking! Just in the past week, he started to talk. It's not just a Mommy or ball here and there, he will try more words and imitates what you say. I wrote down the words he has started to say. I'm sure I missed a few, but here are the ones I could remember. Considering that he was only saying about 10-15 words last month, his vocabulary has really increased!

ball
balloon
blocks
boat
book
boom
bubbles
bye-bye
bus
car
cheese
choo choo
cow
Dada
dogs
ew
eye
go
got it (when he plays catch, he always says "got it!")
gone
hat
hi
high (whenever he gets in the swing he says "go high")
hop
Jackie
juice
Mama
me (when he wants us to see what he is doing, as in "look at me!")
moo
more
no
on
pee pee
play
please (sounds like peace)
poop
rock
shoe
slide
teeth
thank you
tree
truck
turn (as in "your turn" or "my turn")
walk
Where bus go?
Where Jackie go?
whoa
wow
yea
yeah
yucky
yummy


Pictures and video from this month coming soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment