The 21 month mark has come and gone. Time is flying by around here. Unfortunately we have been dealing with a lot of illness lately. I had a sinus infection, then Charlie had a bug, and now I have another sinus infection. This has meant a lot of time hanging out at home and not as much time at the park, but we have been able to get out and do some fun things in between all the sick days.
Overall Charlie is doing well. He was adjusting okay at school but there were several things about the school that I wasn't thrilled with, so he is switching to the preschool at our church, St. Matthew's Episcopal Church. I hadn't enrolled him there initially because they only had one child signed up for the toddler class. Now they have three children in the class and Charlie will be the fourth. There is one teacher and one assistant for the four kids. More kids might enroll as the year goes on, but there will never be more than eight children. At Charlie's current school there were 12 kids. It was just too much, for Charlie and for the teachers. I took Charlie up to St. Matthew's this week to visit the preschool and meet his new teacher. It went so well! It was so different from the school where he is now. I was never sure if Charlie was in the right place at his old school and I am so at peace with my decision to move him. It's going to be a great fit for us.
Here are some recent pictures and video of our growing boy:
Overall Charlie is doing well. He was adjusting okay at school but there were several things about the school that I wasn't thrilled with, so he is switching to the preschool at our church, St. Matthew's Episcopal Church. I hadn't enrolled him there initially because they only had one child signed up for the toddler class. Now they have three children in the class and Charlie will be the fourth. There is one teacher and one assistant for the four kids. More kids might enroll as the year goes on, but there will never be more than eight children. At Charlie's current school there were 12 kids. It was just too much, for Charlie and for the teachers. I took Charlie up to St. Matthew's this week to visit the preschool and meet his new teacher. It went so well! It was so different from the school where he is now. I was never sure if Charlie was in the right place at his old school and I am so at peace with my decision to move him. It's going to be a great fit for us.
Here are some recent pictures and video of our growing boy:
Charlie recently went through a phase where he wanted us to play with him in his crib when he got up from his nap.
Walking with Layla at the zoo.
Playing with Hannah and Denton at a birthday party.
Sick boy snuggling with Mommy
Enjoying the pet store
Snack time after nap
I came around the corner and he had pulled the chair over to the refridgerator and was playing with his magnets while sitting down. Guess he got tired of standing.
Charlie still LOVES his cousin Wes
Reading while Mommy cleans his room
Sleeping with his football
Charlie loved the bouncy house and slide at Katherine & Andrew's birthday party. He did it over and over again! Here are a few videos of him sliding.
Good form...
With a little help from Andrew:
Playing with Carter at the Zoo:
We made this video for my Mom when she was out of town:
No comments:
Post a Comment