Saturday, July 2, 2011

Things I forgot to mention in the 6 month update

Here are a couple of things I left out of the update...

  • Skin - At Charlie's check-up, the doctor thought he had some yeast infection mixed with his eczema. It seems like every time we're there it's some different skin problem and they all look the same to me! We got the Nystatin ointment for it and it made his neck REALLY red for the first day. Redness is a side effect though and it went away after about 48 hours. (Side Note: For those of you who come to the blog just to see some cute pictures of Charlie and read quick updates of what we've been doing, I realize that I sometimes post a lot of detail about mundane issues. I always feel bad when I do that because I know many of you don't care about all this. :) The thing is that I am using the the blog not only as a way to share Charlie with our friends and family but also as a journal because I can't remember anything! Six months from now Charlie will have another yeast infection and I'll probably get the Nystatin ointment, which will turn his neck red, and then I'll wonder if that happened the last time I used it. This Mommy brain stuff is no joke. I promise I used to be smart. But I digress...)
  • Napping - Charlie is doing really well with napping. Sometimes he cries but usually not for too long and then he goes to sleep. He takes 3-4 naps a day ranging from 30 minutes to 2 hours. Most naps are about 45 minutes to an hour.
  • Hair - Charlie's scalp looks great and he is getting a lot more hair. It's coming in so much lighter than his newborn hair. I would call it strawberry blond to light brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment