Since the morning sickness wore off around 15 weeks, my only complaints have been heartburn and headaches. Luckily, extra strength Zantac works fairly well on the heartburn and I was told by the specialist that I could take 2 doses a day instead of one if I need it. Heartburn is annoying but not painful so it's manageable. Although I do complain about it a lot so I'm sure Kyle would disagree. :) I never had heartburn before I got pregnant with Devon last year so it's a new phenomenon for me!
The other complaint, headaches, are a bigger problem. They're unpredictable and happen almost every day. Sometimes it lasts 5-10 minutes, other days it's off and on all day long. Sometimes it's just a dull ache and other times it's a full on turn-off-the-lights-and-go-to-bed-migraine type of headache complete with nausea and throwing up. Luckily that's only happened a few times so far. The first time I had a headache that bad, I called my doctor's office to see if there is anything I could take besides tylenol. The woman who answered the phone told me to have my pharmacy phone number handy and she would have a nurse call me back. I figured that was a good sign - a pharmancy phone number - there must be something strong I can take. Yay! But no so fast...The nurse called me back and said to try Excedrin Migraine. It has aspirin in it so it's normally off limits for pregnant women but she said it's okay if I truly have a horrible headache. She told me that if it doesn't work, I should call them back. I immediately went to the store and bought some, came home and took it and went back to bed. Two hours later I felt a slight bit better but I think it was just from laying in a dark room. The medicine wasn't doing much. I called the office back and the woman who answered the phone said something to the effect of "Well honey you're pregnant. It's going to be unpleasant sometimes." Needless to say I was frustrated. If there is nothing else to take, then fine. I'm a big girl. I can deal with it. But why did they tell me call back? I'm going to ask the Doctor about it on Friday. It may just be one of those unfortunate pregnancy things. But as I keep saying, it's all worth it. It just makes me look forward to December that much more!
No comments:
Post a Comment