Tuesday, August 10, 2010

Nursery Preview

I found a great deal on Craigslist (those of you who know me well, go ahead and laugh here) and got most everything we need to decorate including a rug, crib skirt, crib sheets, valance, drapes, custom made wall hangings, and some things I have yet to identify. It's all from the Pottery Barn Alphabet Soup collection.


Since we just repainted most of the upstairs, we're going to leave the nursery beige. It works with the decorations so why change it? In terms of furniture, we already have a dresser and glider so all we need is a crib. My Mom generously offered to buy us one and we have it picked out at the store. Once we get it home and put together (who knows how long that will take) I'll post pictures.

Here's a picture of the rug to give you an idea of the "theme":

The dogs aren't allowed in the nursery. Jackie is doing better with this than Cody. He tries to sneak in when I'm not looking. Jackie always lays at the doorway when I'm in there. We'll probably put up a baby gate once Charlie gets here.

You see all the stuff in the picture above? My friend Susanne has 10 month old twins and she was nice enough to lend us a TON of baby goodies, including all of the little boy clothes below. Thanks Susie!!

1 comment:

  1. So sweet!! Looks great! That print will be a wonderful learning tool for him too. You'll find that you go in there from here on out just to sit and daydream about all the memories you'll have with him. Embrace it. Love you!

    ReplyDelete