Monday, February 15, 2010

Thankful Mondays

I'm actually glad it's Monday this week. I'm glad the weekend is over. I wasn't expecting it, but Valentine's Day was really hard. I guess any kind of special occasion is tough. Luckily we've got a few months until Easter.

One of the things I am really thankful for today is that I got to spend some time babysitting Katherine and Andrew. I had so much fun - as you can see in the pictures from my phone.

For some reason, I am usually okay around babies. I guess it's because I never got that far; so while seeing pregnant women is painful, I don't relate as much to the babies themselves. But it can still be tough. Kyle said yesterday that being with Katherine made him want a little girl. That made me sad because I couldn't help but think about our little girls. I thought about seeing Katherine's 8 week ultrasound pictures and how amazing it is to see her giggling and babbling now almost a year later. It hurts that Kyle and I will never see Julie or Devon giggling like that.

I'm also thankful for the following:

*Only 3 more weeks until we go back to St. Simons with the pups!
*Sleep! Sometimes when you're sad, the best thing you can do is sleep it off...Friday night I went to bed around 10 pm and slept until noon on Saturday. Then Saturday night I went to bed around 10, got up for church, came home and slept from 11:30 - 3:30, then again from 5:30 - 8:00, then went to bed around 11pm. Needless to say, I feel very well rested today.
*I am working from home today
*I'm no longer "pregnant" (I finally got a negative pregnancy test this week, when means my hormones are getting back to normal and we can try again in a few weeks.)
*My family & friends
*My puppies

No comments:

Post a Comment