Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Thankful Mondays (or in this case, Tuesday)

It's been a busy few days, so I didn't have a chance to do this yesterday. Over the weekend Kyle and I were adult sponsors for a church retreat for middle schoolers. Most of our kids from Sunday School went and I learned so much more about them! The retreat was all about their relationships with their parents, siblings, themselves, and of course with God. The kids were so brave in showing their vulnerability. Several of the them cried when talking about their problems at home or at school. It was great to see kids that age be so kind and comforting to each other, especially to kids they had just met. I'm thankful for that.

Other things I'm thankful for today:
  • Cody is feeling better (he was really sick after eating a bunch of brownies and magic cookie bars he found on the table - bad dog!)
  • We made it to the retreat and back in one piece - and Kyle drove the bus
  • The kids were really well behaved
  • That although the D&C was SUPER expensive, we are not at point of having to spend thousands of dollars on adoption or IVF. That would not be fun.
  • My friends & family
What I'm NOT thankful for today:
  • I got my hospital bill from the D&C - $951.93 (yes, that's after insurance) and it doesn't include the cost of the chromosome testing, which I'm guessing will be another $500-1000. Talk about adding insult to injury!

No comments:

Post a Comment